Just Started buying things

I am going to caveat my post and project with the following. I am not a Mechanic! With that being said I am learning and I am mechanically inclined.

I bought four things today.

1. How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive: A Manual of Step-by-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot




I think everyone can agree that the first thing to do would be to get the car running in a consistent manner. So I am going to rebuild the Carb. In order to do that I need to remove the Carb, and the 13mm S Wrench will allow me to get to the back bolt. Then I will Change the Oil and Adjust the valves. 

I don't have the highest of expectations that this motor will be the platform I continue with so if I need to swap out I would rather do some of the small things in order to help make a decision. If doing these inexpensive things first it will help me to see if the engine is even able to be salvaged.....not that I expect it to be junked. but looking at the valves, seeing how hot the engine has been running. Seeing if there are any burnt valves, and getting the engine to idle is my first test. 

Inexpensive....to me is all of the above items costing  $66.46. this gets me started and I will be seeing how the engine reacts after these first minor work items. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Same ol' issue

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Now onto all the other work