Cleaning a 1970 Carburetor (Solex, 30 Pict 2)

I have an issue I identified earlier, the car will start and run if I give it gas, BUT it will not idle.

So I decided to rebuild the carb. It has taken me a little while but, I finally got around to cleaning and rebuilding the Carburetor on the bug. I took the two bottom bolts off the Carb, Disconnected the Throttle Cable and the Fuel line and stuffed a rag in the hole of the intake. Then I got done to cleaning the carb. The Outside was covered in grime and a little carb Cleaner and some elbow grease and I was able to get almost everything taken apart and cleaned.


 All the jets sprayed our and the parts replaced that came with my Carb Rebuild kit. The only thing is the Main Jet which has about 6 holes in it wasn't part of the carb rebuild kit, kinda disappointing but I got it cleaned out really good and things should be fine.

Tonight I'll reinstall the carb and test everything out and hopefully this will fix my idle issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Same ol' issue

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Now onto all the other work