Been a While but Here is where I am

I have been talking with a bunch of Bug Heads, and finally came to the conclusion that I needed to just start with a NEW Carb and go from there. Since I could not get the car to idle once I got it started SOMETHING was choking it out.

SO I bought a new carb, I installed it and it seems it is pushing gas way more than the other carb was before the Fuel Filter was only ever about 1/8th full, NOW it is about 7/8ths full. I dropped the carb  on there....Now it won't even start, I need to do a little tweaking on the carb adjustment I think it is getting way more fuel than needed and flooding itself out immediately. Hopefully this is the last thing I need to do to get it running. Then I can get to the cool stuff of sanding the body and replacing all the stuff that is bad.

I want it to run solid before it looks good...so first things first

I also needed a few new links to info.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=489270 

and this one to a restored 71

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=36907&country=uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Same ol' issue

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Now onto all the other work