Additional Post that I missed

I realized that I missed a Post, the one where I finally figured out that the original Solex 30 Pict2 carb was not clean enough to allow a steady flow of gas to get to the engine and keep it running. After hours of cleaning and soaking I determined that there was hardly any gas getting through the fuel filter to the engine. It basically was starving the motor and hence when there is no gas OR not enough gas (indicated by me having to press the accelerator in order to keep it running.) This to me was a big thing since I had tried virtually everything I could to get the carb clean.

SO I decided to cut my losses and buy a new one. Although I bought one that was not a 30Pict-2 It was compatible carb and it does the job. This allowed me to move on and begin working on other things AND to continue to soak the old carb and hopefully it will get clean enough to reuse OR I can tear it all the way down and maybe salvage it.
ALAVENTE Carburetor Carb for VW Volkswagen Beetle Karmann Ghia 30/31 PICT-3 Type 1 Engine 1959-1974 (automatic choke)

Here is what I bought on Amazon for $75. I know many people will think, ....Why buy that? Well the answer is it was affordable at the time, and I figured even if it was cheap, it would move me forward and allow extra time letting the old one soak and get clean so I can move to other things rather than sit around and wait and try all kinds of different things. ALSO as you can see by the previous posts. It allowed me to determine that the Distributor and coil were bad.

NOW, as soon as I touch the key the bug starts and RUNS great. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the nice article. I am looking forward for some more information regarding spark plug technologies in India. Check Official website of NGK Spark plugs in India.
    Ngk g power spark plugs
    Platinum alloy spark plugs
    Ngk plug caps

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Same ol' issue

Now onto all the other work