Could it be an Oil Cooler Leak?

So after a minor amount of research on my oil leak. Again, left top side of the engine oil leak, AND it is a bad leak I replaced the pulley, wiped down as much as I could around that area and then I started the engine let it run and I see a stream of oil run down the left side and start to pool in a small area near the pulley...picture below. A video would be better but, wow.



The picture shows the left side of the engine, with the JUG TIN and the oil pressure sending unit (Yes I know I need to replace that sending unit wire) The oil flows (literally flows) from the top area marked in Yellow and pools at the bottom circled area.

Anyway I do a quick google search on "oil leak on left top side of 1970 VW bug" and I find this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODMSaBE9Hx4 and I found this article on The Samba, https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487810 Both of which are helpful and give me the start of what I think I need to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Same ol' issue

Now onto all the other work