How to assess BEETLE Value my own formula.

I have looked over the car in every picture....not the best way to tell but a potentially good way to see what I can before I get there to make an assessment of what I can see as part of the "Completeness" of the car. For the most part it looks like MOST of the car is complete there are a few things that are not visible but may just not be pictured. Here are the only things I note so far.

1. Running boards - Missing on both sides
2. Winshield Wipers - Both Missing
3. Antenna
4. Radio and speakers - expected
5. Spinners on the Enkei Classic Rims. (BTW) very hard to find info about them

The things I want to check to see for completeness when I get there are the spare tire and whether or not any of the missing parts are in the car or around the car. I also want to see if the back seat is there and if there is anything that I may have seen in the picture that is now not there.

If those few things are the only things missing then this will be one heck of a find.  If I had to judge the car site unseen, based on pictures and the discussion with the current owner I would say that

If I rated it on a 100 point scale for each section of SOLID, COMPLETE, CORRECT and ORIGINAL

SOLID Rating =  60 - (a lot of things need replacing)
COMPLETE = 80 - (mostly here just needs cleaning)
CORRECT = 80 - (almost all parts look correct, just need cleaning)
ORIGINAL = 70 - (Not original paint, interior, tires)

SO out of a perfect (400) this car to me is about a 290 car which to me I have not really seen a fully complete car, but if I look at Mecum auctions and see a $16,000 restore (probably a 350 car) then I could say that the current guessed value of this car is about $13050. The Potential Value is based on how far you can raise the ratings above. When using this formula you can always assume you cannot Raise the CORRECT and ORIGINAL VALUES so the highest potential is a 350 car ($16,000) the difference between the 350 and the 290 is important because it

Using the formula based on the top car being a $18,000 car so a 400 car would be $45/point. This being a 290 means it is 110 points short so subtract 110*$45 = $13,050. Another part of this formula shows the high value that the car is worth as it sits and the low value as it sits.


That is my own formula and nothing that makes any sense but to me and the judgement of the RATING is solely a best guess of how far off 400 it actually is. but without see any other formula I will use this one for my own purposes to be able to compare a care Quickly and assess potential value.

Feedback is appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Same ol' issue

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Now onto all the other work