New Fuel Pump, No Change

So I realize I didn't update anything after I replaced the Fuel Pump. SO here is what I did, I ordered a new fuel pump and push rod, installed it and was hoping to solve the slow fuel draw at the lower end of the RPMs (Idle). It Didn't this then made me realize that despite all the work and frustration of cleaning and rebuilding this carburetor that it was still something in the inner chambers that was causing the Carb to not provide enough fuel. since I can't get to every inside chamber/channel. I decided to purchase a New Carb and see what that gets me. I will be keeping the OLD carb so I can work in it to try and get it cleaned, as I would like the original on it. I think however I will have to SOAK it in Carb Cleaner completely and then see if it comes clean. Either way I have a new carb and if the old gets cleaned I will try it again. At least this way I can continue with the resto and do more than just wait and troubleshoot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Same ol' issue

Removing the Crankshaft pulley on a 1970 VW bug

Now onto all the other work